Belgian taxation

How to declare a Birdee account to the Belgian authorities?

As you probably know, Belgian taxpayers must now communicate the accounts they have opened abroad to the central contact point (PCC) managed by the National Bank.

In that framework, at the latest at the same time as the introduction of your 2017 income tax return, you will have to communicate your Birdee account opened in Luxembourg to the CCP.

Your account is opened in Luxembourg. There is no declaration to be made at the level of Germany. Our custodian bank is certainly based there, but the assets are held there on behalf of Birdee and not on your behalf. It is Birdee that you entrust your assets and not to our custodian bank.

Please be informed that you don't need to record account in Germany even if our depositary bank is based in Germany.

It should be noted that you must also mention the existence of your account invested with Birdee in your tax return.

It is worth remembering here that a hundred or so countries committed to exchange a great deal of banking and financial information every year (see CRS, Common Reporting Standard, developed and promoted by the OECD). The Belgian administration will thus know the values ​​held in Luxembourg and in many other countries by all Belgian residents.

In this context, Birdee must declare annually from June 2018 all the portfolios held by its customers as of December 31st. This reporting will be done via your TIN tax identification number, ie in Belgium, your national registry number.

Have more questions? Submit a request